CORPORATE COUNSEL (HYBRID-CHARLOTTE, NC)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world’s largest contract foodservice company, has a great opportunity for career development and growth within its Legal Department here at its U.S. headquarters in Charlotte, NC. We are currently seeking a Corporate Counsel - Procurement to provide legal support handling procurement matters for Foodbuy, LLC. We are looking for an individual to play a strategic role in helping the company strike the right balance between commercial goals and legal considerations. A successful candidate will have experience working on a variety of procurement matters, deal negotiation, contract drafting and advising business unit leaders. A strong sense of partnership and a commercial viewpoint are key.
- Responsible for handling a variety of procurement matters for Foodbuy, LLC with a focus on food, beverage and distribution. Familiarity with procurement in a retail or manufacturer setting is helpful and a background with group purchasing organizations is preferred.
- Participating in the development and implementation of sourcing processes and familiarity with contract management systems.
- Assisting in developing and improving contract templates, including managing training sessions and developing written procedures.
- Providing advice on laws, legal trends, and corporate policies related to group purchasing matters, food safety issues, supply chain transparency, sustainability, and regulations applicable to the operation of Foodbuy’s procurement function.
- Supporting other areas as needed, including reviewing non-disclosure agreements, customer contracts and technology acquisition agreements.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school with accompanying state licensure.
- Preferred experience of 3-5 years in the essential job duties described above, developed either at a law firm or as part of an in-house legal department.
- Knowledge of procurement agreements, group purchasing matters, foodservice and/or hospitality industry is a plus.
- Proven ability in the following: proactively seeking and executing creative solutions, providing strong customer service, and partnering and communicating effectively with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret laws, rules and regulations, legal documents, and financial and other reports, with experience in the principles, practices and laws associated with procurement related matters.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize and define problems from both a legal and overall corporate perspective, collect data, establish facts, and draw logical and valid conclusions based on sound legal and business judgment.
- Team player in a fast paced, high volume and constantly changing environment.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1226106