Culinary & Purchasing Administrative Assistant - Spectrum Center
Position Title: [[title]]
Starting Pay: per hour
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1114157.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages, one in which you can learn and grow and be a part of a great team? We're hiring! Great team member perks like Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app.
From the stadium to the head table, Levy leverages unbridled creativity, custom strategies, impeccable service, and true love for great food to create unforgettable experiences. Founded in Chicago 40 years ago as a Delicatessen, Levy now finds itself as a leading presence in the Food, Beverage, and Retail industry across 200 plus Entertainment, Sports, and Restaurant venues across the country.
For more information on what we are about as a company, check us out by following the link below: http://www.levyrestaurants.com/who-we-are/
Positions at this location will require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The Culinary & Purchasing Coordinator will coordinate, oversee, and perform administrative support for the Culinary & Purchasing Departments.
This position will provide support to the Culinary and Purchasing/warehouse teams in several areas including scheduling, bookkeeping, ordering, attending meetings and/or conference calls, and additional duties as outlined by management. This position will also be responsible for maintaining accountability of all day-to-day communication related to projects and will keep up with administrative work such as documentation, time sheets, etc.
The Culinary and Purchasing leaders will provide weekly and ongoing tasks to the coordinator.
This position serves as the primary point of administrative contact for the two departments and hours will vary from 25-40 hours per week based on business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist with the scheduling, timekeeping, and payroll of culinary and purchasing staff
* Assist with vacation schedules, request off forms, and event preparation/coverage
* Assist with recruiting, hiring and onboarding of new employees by working with department managers and Human Resources
* Coordinate departmental trainings for existing and new hire team members
* Handles incoming calls and correspondence and responds independently as directed.
* Maintain files, paperwork, and overall office organization of mail, interoffice documents, reports, etc
* Support HR in staff communication in regards to company policies, procedures, trainings, and processes as applicable
* Compose and distribute correspondence, reports, documents, forms and other printed materials as directed by management
* Assist with Inventory and Product counting as needed, especially at the end of the month
* Works closely with Sanitarian Manger on updating Food Hygiene, Health, sanitation, & Safety records
* Maintain culinary and purchasing files organized so that they are easily retrievable by department members.
* Maintain a professional workspace at all times.
* Assist as dispatch during events by receiving calls and delegating as needed.
* Communicate company policies, procedures and processes as applicable.
* Maintains office supply inventory and order supplies
* Establish and maintain relationships with new and existing vendors
* Assist with keeping bill logs to ensure they are paid in a timely and accurate manner
* Comparing purchase orders, prices, terms of payment and other charges to place orders
* Processing transactions and performing accounting duties such as account maintenance, recording entries and reconciling books of accounts
* Attend training classes to increase knowledge of software programs, company information, time management, or other skills as required
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Strong organization skills
* Ability to multitask in fast-paced environments
* Comfortable in being self-managed with tasks and timelines being provided by two departments and communicating between the leaders in both regularly
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use discretion with regard to confidential matters
* Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
* Ability to learn new systems such as our time keeping system, Birchstreet, and other programs as needed
* Knowledge of administrative procedures and systems, such as word processing, managing files/records, designing forms, and other office procedures
* Ability to deal with challenging behaviors and conflicting priorities as necessary
* Ability to serve as the communications "hub" for the culinary department and Purchasing team, ensure that workflow is handled for maximum efficiency, and ability to be proactive in anticipating departmental needs, planning, and solution driven next steps.
* Ability to build rapport with other assistants, coordinators, and management in an effort to support and increase interdepartmental successes.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience as administrative and/or supervisor in in a fast-paced organization is required.
* Minimum of 1 year of Health Department experience or equivalent in educational environment is preferred.
* Understands company processes, follows procedures and completes systems entry and paperwork accurately.
* Able to work varying hours as event days/weeks dictate, including weekends and holidays
Apply to Levy today!
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Associates of Levy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Instapay (early access to your wages) and high interest savings both through the EVEN app
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Program
- Discount Marketplace
- Employee Assistance Program
Req ID: 1114157
ANN M LUEBKE