Culinary Intern, FLIK / Fidelity / Boston, MA
- We are hiring immediately for a Culinary Intern position.
- Location: 245 Summer Street, Boston, MA 02210. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be discussed upon interview.
- Starting Pay: $20.00 per hour
Free meals! Choose from a delicious variety of fresh food served daily. Receive two free meals for every shift worked. Additionally, free uniforms and laundering service available at select locations.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1113402.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
FLIK Culinary Internship:
OVERVIEW: The FLIK Culinary Internship Program is a paid program that gives culinary students the opportunity to work in a dynamic and inspirational kitchen culture. Working closely with culinary mentors, FLIK interns have an inside look at what goes on behind the scenes at a leading food service & hospitality organization. Fifty years ago FLIK was launched by Chef Rudi Flik and Julie Flik. Their values of culinary authenticity, people first, sustainability, wellness, and leadership still guide us. We use fresh, local and seasonal ingredients to create memorable culinary experiences.
FLIK CULINARY INTERNS WILL:
- benefit from on the job training and mentoring in their field of study & selected functional area;
- participate in professional development events and workshops during their time here;
- build professional relationships and enhance their interpersonal and professional skills.
- network with FLIK’s resource groups including DIAC (Diversity & Inclusion Action Council) and Entrepreneurial Council.
Interns should expect to contribute individually and as a team member to support Culinary Services and work towards goals and objectives assigned by an experienced manager.
Culinary Internship candidates must meet the criteria below to be eligible for the FLIK Culinary Internship Experience Program:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or professional culinary program and provide appropriate documentation.
- Meet university’s GPA requirement for Internship
- Successful completion of sanitation standards training
- Successful completion of relevant knife skills and/or Intro to Culinary coursework
- Must be available to work 20 - 40 hours a week based on business needs & internship requirements
- College credit is not required, but we will provide appropriate documentation if necessary.
CULINARY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM 12 WEEK SCHEDULE:
In addition to daily on-the-job FLIK culinary training, Interns will participate in a variety of value-added program events via LMS/WebEx/Zoom/Teams during the internship experience which include meetings with Leadership/Mentor.
- Virtual Feed Your Mind with Subject Matter Experts including Diversity & Inclusion, HR, Marketing, Safety, Wellness and Finance.
- FLIK Learning & Development Courses
- Networking Opportunities
- Exit interview with Leadership & Internship Team
*This schedule can be extended on an as-needed to accommodate each program’s hours requirements.
** Feed Your Mind sessions will be with Diversity & Inclusion, HR, Marketing, Safety, Wellness and Finance.
Positions at certain locations may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position at certain locations may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Your manager will advise what certification or proof of vaccine requirements apply for certain locations.
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders to develop skills and competencies to be successful in your prospective industry. You will gain valuable experience in any of the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development. This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
Compass Group Intern Requirements:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive college credit
- Possess an interest in learning, observing, and practicing a variety of experiences in our industry
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding, and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Articulate, with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid project management acumen
- Self-directed, proactive, and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoyment of building relationships
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).