DATA QUALITY ENGINEER- MDM
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Join the Enterprise MDM team at Compass NA. We are helping to rethink how we use data to fulfill the needs of our customers (both internal and external). As a MDM Data Quality Engineer, you will be part of a team that is implementing an enterprise-wide MDM solution, processes, procedures, and guidelines for the company. This position requires significant amount of collaboration across all business areas within Compass NA and will be essential to building out an enterprise-wide sustainable MDM program.
This is a technical role in data management and governance. This role develops, implements and supports Data Quality.
- This role is responsible for the maintenance of Informatica services which may include:
- Model Repository Service (MRS)
- Data Integration Service (DIS)
- Analyst Service (AS)
- Content Management Service (CMS)
- Search Service (SS)
- This role will identify critical data quality elements and drive data quality best practice.
- Create and manage folders, users, roles and permissions using Informatica Admin Console as needed for new projects or new resources
- Hands-on IDQ developer work
- Create and manage new connections for RDBMS, flat files and cloud environments using Admin Console
- Imports/Exports objects like physical data objects, profiles, mapplets, rules and scorecards
- Creates data cleaning routines based on pre-defined rules
- Supports upgrades to the IDQ tool with new versions from Informatica
- Open Informatica tickets and work with them for issue resolution
- Work with business SMEs, data stewards and other data governance leaders to understand their data quality challenges and recommend solutions to implement overall data quality strategy
- Partner with data stakeholders and data analysts during the data onboarding phase on various projects, providing analysis and sharing best practices
- Accountable for of data quality program activities which includes evaluating large datasets for quality and accuracy proactively identifying, addressing and resolving reconcilable discrepancies through daily data analysis
- Define data quality framework, standards and implementation plan for enterprise data quality implementation
- Define, operationalize and implement processes to continuously monitor and quality check data completeness and accuracy
- Provide inputs on data guidelines, standards, and procedures
- Be the technical/tool expert for Data Ingestion and Data Quality solutions within the team
- 5+ years of building Data Management solutions – including Relational Databases, ELT/ETL processes and data profiling and quality management
- Expert level experience in transformation components available in iDQ
- Expert level in Data Profiling
- Expert level experience in SQL
- Web Services Architecture – REST or SAOP
- Capability to quickly learn and adopt new tools/technologies
- Working experience in Data Stewardship, Data governance
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering or related major
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 986029