DIGITAL SOLUTIONS INSTALLER (CTL OR REMOTE NATIONWIDE)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Digital Labs is the innovation company within Compass Group, creating cutting-edge digital retail experiences for universities, hospitals, corporate offices, and beyond.
We are a diverse team of inventive problem solvers focused on creating new solutions rooted in the user’s actual needs. We believe in the power of ‘What If’ and combining creative people with different talents to make a dent in the world.
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $17 billion in revenue in 2017. In 2018, Compass Group was named one of the Best Employers for Diversity, and in 2016 Fortune Magazine listed it as one of the 50 Companies Changing the World for their measurable social impact and innovation within Foodservice.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced, fun, and challenging retail environment who also enjoys extensive travel.
Our solutions installers are home based, traveling to customer locations to install, train, support, maintain and troubleshoot point-of-sale (POS), customer facing kiosks, PC/Server equipment, network hardware, and other retail front of house technology solutions. Installers will work with a project manager and our in-unit managers to install, train users and support enterprise POS and other technology systems.
Ideal candidate will be a high-energy person with prior retail and hands-on experience installing and supporting enterprise retail POS systems.
- Perform POS, kiosk, kitchen/customer displays, and technology installation on location for retail operations
- Gather site requirements pertaining to installation preparedness
- Deliver regular status updates to project stakeholders
- Inventory, assemble, place and connect system hardware; load applications and perform testing to verify functionality; troubleshoot and remedy any issues
- Work with 3rd party vendors and other team members to ensure any interfaces are functioning properly
- Conduct front of house training sessions for operations staff, including cashiers and managers
- Document all work performed and create a final diagram of the POS network environment
- Provide go live support and obtain final sign off from the onsite team
- Deliver superior, courteous, professional service all times
- 2+ years of experience supporting/installing POS, kiosks and displays
- Detail oriented; can take pictures and provide documentation describing the work performed
- Ability to follow standard procedures and work with 3rd party vendors
- Comfortable installing and supporting other computer equipment such as PCs, network switches/routers; A+ certification, and or Net+ preferred. Knowledge of standard MS Office products including MS Visio
- QIR certification a plus
- Experience creating dynamic network diagrams
- Great communication skills, great work ethic; will go above and beyond to exceed client expectations
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of self-initiative
- Able to Travel extensively (roughly 90%) and work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays
- Able to pass a background check including: drug screening and criminal background
- Must have reliable transportation, car insurance and a valid driver’s license at all times
- Must be physically capable to lift up to 50 pounds
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 997224