Digital Strategy Manager ( REMOTE WEST COAST REGION)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Compass Digital Labs is the innovation company within Compass Group, creating cutting-edge digital retail experiences for universities, hospitals, corporate offices, sports and entertainment venues, and beyond.
We are a diverse team of inventive problem solvers focused on creating new solutions rooted in the user’s actual needs. We design products and services to create experiences that improve the lives of our users. We believe in the power of ‘What If?’ and combining creative people with different talents to make a dent in the world. Solving complex problems is not work, it’s fun and we are all here to dream up the most engaging solutions in the world, with the smartest people we know.
Compass Group is the leading foodservice management and support services company with $17 billion in revenue in 2017. In 2018, Compass Group was named one of the Best Employers for Diversity, and in 2016 Fortune Magazine listed it as one of their 50 Companies Changing the World for their measurable social impact and innovation within Foodservice.
The Digital Strategy Manager will serve as a liaison between Compass Digital Labs (CDL) and senior field operations and major clients for B&I. This is a two-way communications path not only taking current Compass Digital Labs strategies to the above parties but feeding back requirements from clients and the business to the appropriate CDL teams.
- Understand and create the technology strategies for each respective line of business.
- To be active in the new business sales and retention engagement process (e.g. RFP responses, presentations, demonstrations).
- Act as an advocate for the business unit using existing technological resources and solutions to improve the operational efficiencies and enhance the daily activities.
- Professionally represents Compass Digital Labs, customers and potential customers, in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Attendance at relevant business meetings (e.g. sector regional and divisional, zones and summits).
- Document digital strategies
- Requirements for new and additional solutions
- Support procedures to business and clients
- Participate in major account sales bids
- Lead and participate in technology summits for operations and clients
- Participate in and support quarterly business reviews
- Adopt a liaison role in the case of issues with major accounts
- 5+ years related experience in operations and/or technology
- Proven success in digital marketing strategy experience strongly preferred
- Food service or hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred
- Must be service-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Must have strong customer relationship and presentation skills
- Strong project management and problem solving skills required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operational knowledge a benefit
- Travel (approximately 30%) required as business needs arise
- Remote Work Location - must live in the U.S. near a Major Airport
- This role will support the Greater West Coast Region, therefore the ideal candidate will be expected to reside in the general Western U.S. area
- The following U.S. States, and their respective cities, are being considered within the West Coast region for the purposes of this job opening: California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Utah.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 991280