DIR, UNIT V
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
This Bench position will provide management support to new and existing SSC accounts in K-12 or higher education settings. Travel is required and can be significant including overnights. Ideal candidates will be open to relocating.
Working as Unit Director, you will be responsible for the assigned buildings' overall cleanliness, sanitation, and security. You will be responsible for successfully coordinating all work activities of janitorial personnel. You must also be able to supervise, direct, and develop supervisors and hourly employees by company guidelines, and to ensure customer satisfaction through high-quality standards while maintaining an environment that is safe and equitable.
In the Unit Director role, you will assign duties, inspect work, investigate complaints regarding janitorial services, and take immediate corrective action. You will secure and ensure that all equipment is maintained and in working order. You will also ensure buildings have sufficient janitorial supplies by taking periodic inventories of supplies and materials. You will train, discipline, and recommend dismissals of employees. Unit Directors act as liaisons between building occupants or administrators and supervisors, so you must be able to effectively communicate all directives from managers, building occupants, and administrators to janitorial staff.
- Communicates between various shifts to ensure applicable completion of tasks.
- Trains workers in janitorial methods and procedures and proper operation of equipment.
- Issues supplies and equipment to workers to ensure quality and timely delivery of services.
- Performs daily inspections and follows through on all assignments to ensure task completion.
- Cross-trains and develops personnel for multiple positions.
- Holds weekly staff reports and inspections.
- Meets with staff weekly to review task completion and future projects.
- Secures building after completion of work.
- Guides completion of projects to make sure they are completed timely and within budget.
- Reports budgetary issues.
- College degree preferred.
- One to two years as a supervisor in housekeeping or service-related fields with high customer/client contact required.
- Strong work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and an ability to prioritize.
- Excellent time management skills are required.
- Ability to work with heavy cleaning equipment.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1235938
ISAAC Warren SMITH