FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR - RETAIL BRANDS - Eastern Michigan University - Ypsilanti, MI
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Eastern Michigan University seeking a Food Service Director for Retail Brands. This position offers an ideal working environment with work-life balance as well as career growth opportunities! In this role you will feed hungry minds by directing the day-to-day operations and financial success of a food service retail location on campus. You will support the overall success of the food service operation. This includes adhering to the client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and company’s standards/policies, and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. This person will be responsible for adherence to brand standards and quality with an emphasis on safety.
Chartwells at Eastern Michigan University supports the EMU mission - EMU enriches lives in a supportive, intellectually dynamic and diverse community. EMU's dedicated faculty balances teaching and research to prepare students with relevant skills and real world awareness. EMU is an institution of opportunity where students learn in and beyond the classroom to benefit the local and global communities.
Our benefits package includes the best in class health, vision, dental plans along with 401K matching, short and long term disability, life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Programs including wellness and legal support. We also offer paid time off and paid holidays.
- Directs the day-to day food service operation for retail locations including maintaining national brands standards
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of managers, supervisors and food service workers
- Maintains client and customer satisfaction for food quality and customer service
- Supervises the hiring, training and development of frontline staff
- Maintain national brand standards and required training
- Completes all daily, weekly, or financial reports
- Implements and maintains cash handling processes and standards
- Ensures all QA and sanitation standards are maintained
- Contributes to the development of the website and updates social media platforms with new programs/promotions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 2 years of retail operational food service management experience with national brands.
- Retail food service experience.
- Knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, marketing and presentation.
- Experience with cash retail operations.
- ServSafe Certification is preferred.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1113860