DIRECTOR, DINING SERVICES
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
California State University-Monterey Bay, CA, a best-in-class account, is seeking a Director of Dining Services. In this role you will direct the day-to-day food service operation and financial success of a high volume residential dining hall on campus. You will support the overall success of this unit by adhering to the client’s culture and guidelines, the Health Department’s regulations, and company’s standards/policies, and expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. Additionally, you will be responsible for the following:
- Advises the day-to day food service operation
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of managers, supervisors and food service workers
- Maintains client and customer satisfaction for food quality and customer service
- Supervises the hiring, training and development of frontline staff
- Maintains food and labor costs
- Ensures all QA and sanitation standards are maintained
- Works with the Chef and management team in crafting nutritious and top quality food for the students
- Implements new culinary programs in conjunction with the Chartwell's marketing and culinary teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Three to five years of foodservice management experience required
- School dining experience preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Financial and business acumen
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1088654