DIRECTOR OF CATERING -Executive Dining
Salary: $80,000 - $105,500
Other Forms of Compensation: Benefits
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021, This is R/A !
As the Director of Catering for R/A supporting a premier corporate account in Westchester, NY, you will be responsible for overseeing all catering functions for the executive dining room. Catered events range in size from 10-500 people and in scope from standard coffee service to elaborate dinners and receptions. This is a brand new space and we are seeking someone who is:
* HOSPITALITY FOCUSED
This position is generally Monday through Friday (occasional weekend availability is required) with all major holidays off and offers a competitive salary and benefits package!
Some Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and ensure a successful outcome of all catering events pertaining to the executive dining program.
- Hire, train, and schedule catering staff. Be actively involved in the development of existing catering staff in service techniques, menu presentation, policies, and procedures.
- Labor and food cost controls
- Preparation/ setup/ execution/ cleanup of all events.
- Communicate on various levels to include management, client, customer and associate levels; maintain excellent client relationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality or other related field OR equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the industry including 2 years in catering supervision/management.
- Some knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, innovation, and presentation.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Restaurant Associates maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1222449