Director of Dining Services - Lansdale PA
- We are hiring immediately for a Director of Dining Services - Lansdale PA
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 990427.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Working as a Senior Director of Dining Services (Sr DDS), you will manage multiple K12 schools within a district or across districts. You will be our point of contact for the school administrator responsible for foodservice, lead the teams within your assigned account(s), and manage the overall operation. You will provide planning and direction within the assigned accounts to achieve operational and financial goals in a dynamic environment, comply with all applicable regulations, maintain strong client relationships, and fulfill our mission to feed kids.
- Leads, manages, and inspires a diverse team(s) at a large account or multiple accounts, with the goal of providing top-notch service to the client, students, and community
- Drives and develops self and team at the account(s) towards building strong relationships with client(s) and achievement of key performance indicators (profitability, safety, engagement, etc.)
- May serve on district leadership team, and participates in ongoing conversations with peers to share best practices, mitigate risks, champion diversity, and build community
- Ensures decisions are weighed for risk/reward and short/long term implications, while gathering input from the team and partners
- Fosters a culture of transparency, understanding, education, safety, and accountability
- Serves as the representative/brand ambassador of the Chartwells team within the district(s) and the community; attends key client and community events
- Ensures client(s) needs are met or exceeded, we retain the account(s), find cross-sell opportunities, and assist in rebid process as directed
- Supports functional areas including but not limited to safety, marketing, nutrition and culinary
- Ensures adherence to local, state, federal and company policies, and conducts unit audits to ensure conformance for key areas (e.g. food storage, sanitation)
- Maintains compliance with USDA regulations and guidance for all applicable meal and retail programs, along with completing all required reporting on time
- Champions development within the account(s) and has a full understanding of all roles within the operation; conducts performance evaluations, along with succession planning for the account(s)
- Owns the financial results for the account(s), and works to ensure accuracy for reporting, forecasting, and budgeting processes
- Ensures consistent and fair administration of all policies and procedures
- Educational minimum and work experience per USDA Professional Standards for the account(s)
- Bachelor's degree and minimum of three (3) years of management experience, preferably in foodservice, hospitality management, plant operations management, environmental services, laundry, or other Support Services area
- Is well-versed in foodservice management with proven track record of success, ideally in K12 foodservice
- Has proven track record of leading a business and a team, strong customer service, and good business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates strong initiative, critical thinking, ownership, communications (listening, written, and verbal), multi-tasking, prioritization, and organization skills
- Champions the inclusion mindset, and is proactive, positive, professional, and resilient
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and POS software
Occasional travel required in this position
Associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 990427