Director of Environmental Services
Salary: $70,500 - $105,000 / year
TouchPoint, Support Services, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, and food service. TouchPoint is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
We are looking for an experienced Director to join our team at prestigious Dell Children's Hospital in Austin! In this position, you will be responsible for the Housekeeping Department operations at this 290 bed acute care hospital account. This position will lead and inspire a team of 2 Assistant Directors, 3 Managers and 90 Associates. In addition to base salary, generous benefits and annual performance reviews, the Director will also have annual bonus potential.
- Leads all aspects of department’s financial data and statistics
- Handles account expenditures
- Develops and recommends department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget
- Coordinates housekeeping activities with other departments
- Actively communicates with administration and other hospital departments
- Plans, prioritizes, directs, coordinates, and oversees functions and activities of the department
- Establishes work standards and work flow
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations
- Encourages and mentors staff creativity and innovation
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Remains proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives
- Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performance plans
- Reads and develops in the Total Quality Management process
- Develops and maintains job descriptions for department staff
- Encourages staff to participate in education programs
- Four year college degree and equal related experience strongly desired; high school diploma/GED required
- At least four (4) years of housekeeping/environmental services leadership/management experience required at the Assistant Director/Director level; six (6)+ years preferred; healthcare EVS preferred
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret financial and other data
- General intuition for business
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High Customer Service and quality demeanor
- Ability to excel under pressure and meet established metrics
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to apply a participative approach to leading staff, to coordinate and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements
- Excellent stress leadership skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Apply to TouchPoint today!
TouchPoint is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Touchpoint maintains a drugfree workplace.
Req ID: 1175680
ERIN S PRINDLE
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1175680