DIRECTOR OF HOUSEKEEPING, Senior Living, Basking Ridge, NJ
Other Forms of Compensation:
Pay Grade: 13
Coreworks, LLC provides our clients and their residents with facility support services – housekeeping, laundry, plant operations, maintenance, transportation, and security – that uphold the same distinctive level of service and hospitality culture that clients currently enjoy from Unidine.
Backed by our hospitality-centric culture and customer service philosophy, we are rooted in responsiveness and flexibility. At the heart of it, we’re solution builders, with a dedicated focus on resident experiences and backed by deep expertise and vast perspective.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
The Director of Housekeeping Services is responsible for the overall management of the Environmental Services/Housekeeping Department in a retirement community. The associate in this role will manage the department within the established objectives, standards, policies and procedures in the day to day running of the department and execution of the job description with federal, state and local regulations. They will be financially accountable for the environmental service/housekeeping department operating within the approved budget, while providing the Client with the maximum value spent. In addition, the director will foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the environmental service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Maintains an environment that is in sanitary, attractive and in orderly condition
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates and supervises functions and activities of the department
- Conducts regular management staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Maintains the department in an "inspection ready" state at all times, assuring the department operates within federal, state, and local regulations
- Maintains excellent relations with residents, Client and all community departments
- Serves on community committees and professional organizations
- Ensures that competency in the position is maintained by participating in Community Works and outside training programs, as required
- Follows all Client and community policies and procedures
- Promotes the professional growth and development of the entire team and the department employees at all times
- Implements change to the environmental service program that enhances the desirability of the community for current and future residents. Encourage and nurture associate creativity and innovation with the Community Works program
- Maintains appropriate security for all Client-owned property, supplies and operating funds
- B.S. Degree in related field or related experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred
- Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Professional (CHESP) certification highly desirable
- Minimum of five years of EVS/Housekeeping experience in a retirement or adult home preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Five plus years of direct EVS/Housekeeping operational management experience
- Excellent customer services skills and experiences
- Experience with Federal & State healthcare surveys
- Experience with P&L accountability highly desirable
- Contract-managed service experience is desirable?
Apply to Unidine today!
Unidine is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Coreworks maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Coreworks are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1236442