Director of Human Resources - Mammoth Mountain
Salary: $80,000 - $100,000/annually
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
As a Human Resources Director, you will be responsible for overseeing the recruitment, training and engagement of the people who create unforgettable experiences for our guests. The ideal candidate will be an experienced and dynamic Human Resources professional. They will be both a subject matter expert and strategic Human Resources business partner - able to influence at all levels of the business.
- Manages the recruitment process for non-exempt, exempt and professional level positions
- Adheres to federal and state employment laws
- Assists in Human Resource policy development and implementation
- Directs all investigations and resolutions of grievances and correspond periodically with labor attorneys.
- Conducts wage and salary analyses to assure competitive compensation in the food service industry
- Conducts regular audits to verify compliance with policies and procedures
- Overseeing onboarding and orientation training for new team members
- Leading efforts around employee engagement and retention at the location
- Coaches team managers to understand business information and the key performance levers
- Drives incremental improvements to performance using robust analysis and benchmarking
- Ensuring timely completion of all mandatory/compliance-related training, e.g. Preventing Workplace Harassment
- Delivering ongoing training and development to the on-site management team
- Partner with the location/partner HR team to develop joint strategies where appropriate
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Able to effectively direct the efforts of a team of diverse human resources professionals
- Experience managing large scale projects
- MUST be comfortable working in a team environment
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ethical mindset
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Ability to complete tasks in an environment where interruptions are the norm and background noise is present
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts (evenings, weekends, holidays) as dictated by event schedule
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1128457
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1128457