DIRECTOR OF MERCHANDISING & STYLE
Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of creating and executing retail & merchandising strategies in a multi-unit group, is a thoughtful leader who drives brand process and implementation, and is continuously researching innovative ideas and future trends.
A creative and dedicated individual who works well in a collaborative culture with cross-functional teams of passionate professionals dedicated to quality, innovation and hospitality.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the presentation and implementation of the retail and office catering programs to include: concept development, merchandising, small wares, tabletop, beverages, snacks and seasonal promotions including but not limited to displays, signage, visuals, styling, metric tracking and budget control. The position reports to the Senior Vice President of Creative Services.
- rive year-over-year retail and office catering sales.
- Research, develop and implement retail programs to include promotional activities resulting in increased check average, participation and awareness.
- Develop and implement new core retail innovations and/or seasonal programs.
- Influence the beverage and snack programs with support from the culinary team.
- Participate with the Marketing team in creating and developing new promotions.
- Establish a success metrics model to analyze impact of above programs to business objectives.
- Work with the culinary team to implement display, merchandising and operational guidelines for new and existing food programs.
- Maintain a SOP for each core station along with smallwares order guide.
- Support in sourcing display vehicles, merchandising fixtures, and service wares.
- Assist in directing all visual planning to include paint and graphics.
- Hands-on responsibility for set-ups of new units, refreshes and renovations.
- Participate in the design and construction/renovation process to offer visual and operational insight.
- Conduct unit audits to assure quality and compliance.
- Direct photo shoots at units and manage photo-cataloguing system.
- Develop and implement merchandising and sales building training for managers and hourly associates.
- Maintain the samples library
- Interface with key support teams including Culinary, Marketing, QA, Finance, Purchasing, Digital, and Business Development with engagement in new business and retention process.
- Keep a pulse on trends, data analytics and emerging local and young brands.
- Work within provided budgets and guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of retail strategy and implementation experience including creative development, project management, financial projections and metrics reporting for a multi-unit company.
- A background understanding operations, which enables field-friendly and executable development that enhance guest experience.
- Base understanding of financial components: revenue, margins, costs and risks.
- A strategic thinker, detail-oriented, and organized.
- Highly collaborative work style and innovative spirit with experience developing and implementing strategies in a team environment.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to adjust content across stakeholders from C-suite level to field and frontline associates.
- Ability to balance business priorities with best practices and implementation methodologies.
- Some weekend work and travel required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience in design software preferred.
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 988915
BRIAN P PANGBORN