DIRECTOR OPERATIONS III - CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA
Position Title: DIRECTOR OPERATIONS III - CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, Pittsburgh, PA
At over 300 college & universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
This individual will manage the food service operation and maintain established costs and quality standards in order to ensure superior service and maximize profits.
- Coordinates the tasks of the Assistant Directors and Operations Managers
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises functions and activities of the department
- Establishes work standards and work flow
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations
- Directs and conducts safety, sanitation and community maintenance programs
- Maintains excellent relationships with employees, guests and client as well as other departments within the operation
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through skills
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Apply to Chartwells Higher Education today!
Chartwells Higher Education is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Chartwells Higher Ed are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1152308
WENDY GRAY PALMER
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1152308