DIRECTOR, PAYROLL OPERATIONS
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group has a great opportunity for a Director of Payroll Operations to lead a large team in a high volume environment. If you are looking for a great culture, opportunities for growth and free food, this might be a position for you. The ideal candidate must be willing to work on-site Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
- Provide leadership for the Operations teams regarding payroll processes, volume management, compliance, issue identification and resolution
- Establish and implement new procedures as dictated by issues and controls needed for sustainability
- Develop plan to measure success of procedures implemented to share with team and management
- Collaborate with other teams to improve process, tools, quality metrics, and methodology
- Work closely with other payroll managers and business systems (SAP) team to share information and address issues to include MySTAFF, other time submission methods and MyCPM
- Apply root cause/preventative solution methodology
- Assist department in achieving departmental and company goals through coordination of multiple and simultaneous deliverables
- Achieve SLAs with continuous improvement
- Coordinate communication to field users regarding Payroll changes/initiatives/issues
- Work with Accounting, HR, Benefits, AP, Legal, Financial Systems, Bank Rec, STGHR and Treasury to review and address cross-departmental impacts and resolve issues
- Develop and implement Customer Satisfaction strategies to achieve year on year improvement on survey
- Develop team members and coach them where needed to help build new and improved skill sets
- Responsible for planning and executing the support deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related subject (Finance, Accounting preferred)
- CPP preferred
- Minimum 10 years business experience, including at least 7 years payroll related experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management experience
- Project management experience preferred
- Knowledge of SAP HR, Payroll, and Accounting systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs with a demonstrated ability to use Access
- Strong analytical, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with multiple teams in requirements, testing and other activities
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a payroll environment
- Commitment to quality, self-motivated/can work independently
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1150274