District Chef - New York, NY
Position Title: District Chef - New York, NY
Pay Grade: 14
Salary: $80,000 - $85,000
As the leader in business and industry dining, Eurest is the company to join if you want a rewarding career packed with limitless opportunities. We feed the employees of the nation's largest and most-prestigious companies -- in every state and across all industries. As a member of Eurest's leadership and professional support team, you will help our 16,000 chefs, and in-unit associates excel as they deliver world-class meals in corporate cafes and executive dining rooms with on-site catering through vending innovations and more.
Our company is innovative, high performing and fast growing. Our teammates are enthusiastic, committed to quality and thrive on consistently delivering unparalleled results. And did we mention we work with exciting companies and at interesting locations? Come grow your career with Eurest.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Working as a District Chef, you are responsible for overseeing all culinary functions for multiple corporate dining accounts. You will support a team of associates and oversee all safety and sanitation as it pertains to the accounts.
- Supports multiple corporate dining accounts
- Teaches, trains and mentors chefs
- Responsible for driving innovation in all accounts
- Helps chefs manage cost controls and control expenditures for the account
- Teaches Chefs how to plan and create all menus
- Shows chefs in the region how to purchases and manage inventory
- Will bring up the skill level of chefs in the region
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with Company marketing and culinary team
- Develops and communicates strategies for improving customer experience
- Provides training programs to assure consistent, high quality food
- Culinary degree preferred
- A minimum of five years of culinary management experience is required
- At least two years of multi-site culinary management experience is required
- High volume production and catering experience is essential
- Previous experience managing cost controls
- Desire to learn and grow with a top notch foodservice company
Apply to Eurest today!
Eurest is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Eurest are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Pay: $80,000 to $85,000/year
NY</span></b> </p><p><b> <span>14</span></b> </p><p><b>Salary: </b><span><span><span>$80,000 - $85,000</span></span></span></p><p> </p><p>As the leader in business and industry dining
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1122747