ELECTRICIAN SENIOR (FULL-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a ELECTRICIAN SENIOR position.
- Location: 1248 TAMU College Station TX 77843 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: FT: M-F 7:30a-4p, Home Football Games
- Requirement: Journeyman Electrician or Equivalent Hours
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1006682.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Summary: The Senior Electrician/Maintenance Technician, under general direction, provides operation, maintenance, repair, and installation of secondary components of the electrical distribution and all fixed and non-fixed electrical equipment in a safe, and efficient manner in response to or in support of customer needs. The Senior Electrician/Maintenance Technician also performs a variety of skilled maintenance duties for the site and Maintenance Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates work statuses and documents tasks completed in the CMMS utilizing a mobile device.
- Reads blueprints and diagrams, determines materials needed, estimates time and material costs on installations, and requests supplies to assure timely and adequate availability.
- Constructs, finishes, installs, maintains and repairs electrical systems, or the facilities of any related systems, using power & hand tools and other necessary equipment.
- Pends and installs EMT, rigid, plastic-bond and steatite conduit.
- Troubleshoots all electrical systems.
- Locates cables that range from low to high voltage throughout campus for various contractors.
- Cleans, lubricates, services, repairs, or diagnoses malfunctions of electrical systems.
- Helps determine manpower, material needs, and deadlines for jobs or projects.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility and makes emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds, and completes tests, and inspections.
- Makes recommendations for modification or improvement of preventive maintenance systems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years’ experience as a Maintenance Technician in an institutional setting in an engineering or maintenance discipline.
- Working knowledge of local, state and the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Journeyman Electrical License.
- Experience working with blueprints, specifications, or models to learn or plan work layouts, making routine computations as needed.
- Rudimentary ability to utilize hand-operated construction equipment.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop and perform strenuous labor for extended periods of time.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust, dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe level.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).