Employee Services Coordinator, Facilities
Pay Grade: 12
Other Forms of Compensation:
ESFM is the corporate Integrated Facilities Management (IFM) division of Compass Group USA and a Keystone member of the International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
Rooted in hospitality, ESFM elevates the workplace experience as the single source of innovative FM solutions that ensure a safe, healthy, and sustainable environment. ESFM’s clients include many household names from Life Science, Technology, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing markets.
ESFM self-performs 80% of all IFM solutions provided to clients. Their portfolio of service categories includes Environment, Health & Safety, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Sustainability, Janitorial & Industrial Cleaning, Laboratory Support and Workplace solutions. This self-performance model creates a consistent hospitality experience for clients, resulting in higher engagement and productivity from their employees.
In 2020, ESFM (formerly Eurest Services) won the George Graves Award for Facility Management Achievement from the International Facilities Management Association (IFMA).
The Employee Services Coordinator will support either Austin, TX or Taylor, TX locations, must be open to either location placement. (Shuttle Service Provided for Transport if Needed)
The Employee Services Coordinator will manage the day-to-day inquiries, issues and work requests related to support the general building population. The Employee Services Coordinator will be the first contact for employee assistance on various requests and will collaborate with cross-functional teams, including team members from individual business units.
* Review internal work order requests for Employee Services requests needed to be addressed and funnel tasks to appropriate channels for completion.
* Coordinate with vendors with ordering supplies and working with porters to ensure replenishment of items throughout the facility.
* Anticipate, recommend, and manage vendor contract services
* Assist employees with questions and guidance on shuttle services to other satellite locations.
* Coordinate with "Workplace Solutions ES Team" executive administrators and security on executive vehicle support such as regular scheduled maintenance and support w/ procuring new vehicles.
* Assist employee passport rush assistance and business card requests.
* Have oversight of scheduling seasonal and holiday décor with outside vendors.
* Refunds/Maintenance on vending machines, mother rooms etc.
* Coordinate Breakroom Services such as Cleaning, Appliance support/maintenance.
* Assist with employee wellness flower request and plant maintenance support related items.
* The roles & responsibilities are not limited and are subject to be changed with short notice.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Four-year college degree preferred in Business Administration and or Facilities Management OR equivalent work experience.
* Knowledge of the tech industry is preferred.
* Comfortable driving decisions in a fast-paced, open, collaborative environment.
* High degree of flexibility and the ability to communicate, collaborate, problem solve and multi-task independently. Ability to adapt to change when necessary.
* Strong customer service focus
* Experience of computer-aided facility management systems, KNOX, EDM and Trac.
* Ability to follow policies and procedures and safety standards.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Business OR have at least 2-3 years of facilities management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply to ESFM Services today!
ESFM is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Eurest services maintains a drug-free workplace.