Environmental Services Manager (Evenings)
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as an Environmental Services Operations Manager, you are responsible for assisting senior EVS leaders in directing and overseeing the operational needs of the Housekeeping Department. You will coordinate the tasks of the front-line staff. You will serve as a liaison between administration and hospital departments and provide the highest possible level of service.
- Establishes and annually reviews standards and work procedures for all Housekeeping staff
- Plans work and staffing schedules and areas of work to ensure adequate services are rendered
- Monitor daily distributation of clean linen throughout facility as scheduled
- Assists in the hiring process; interview, hiring and training of new associates
- Orients, develops, and supervises all supervisory/housekeeping staff
- Conducts regular inspections and makes recommendations to the facility
- Monthly reporting of goals, accomplishments, and future plans
- Staff education and training
- Communication with staff, administration, and other departments
- Coordination of outside services (i.e. Pest Control, Window Cleaning, Medical and Solid Waste, Document Destruction, and Recycling program)
- Four year college degree, military experience, or equivalent work experience required
- At least one year of supervisory experience in housekeeping or service-related field with high customer/client contact required
- Demonstrated progressive growth in the field of health care housekeeping or facility maintenance preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing and stressful environment
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Ability to work an evening shift (for ex: 2:00 PM – 12:00 AM) with a weekend and holiday rotation
- Willingness to work a 10 hour day on a regular basis
Military Transferrable Skills:
- Non Commissioned Officer E4+ with experience in Planning, developing and directing logistics
- All military branches with experience of supervising a group of soldiers of 15 or more
- Troubleshoots, isolates and identifies causes of equipment malfunction
- Teaches technical skills to lower grade soldiers
- Prepares costs and labor estimates
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 968640