ENVIRONMENTAL SVCS MANAGER
- We are hiring immediately for an ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES MANAGER position.
- Location: St Joseph Hospital; 77 N. Airlite St Elgin, IL 60123. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; 10:00AM-7:00PM.
- Requirement: Previous housekeeping, scheduling, customer service and leadership experience.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1007068.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for Touchpoint. Click here to see what they said!
We’re TouchPoint Support Services and our mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the U.S. But our work isn’t just about cooking, serving, cleaning and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for supporting Ascension’s mission to improve the health of the poor and vulnerable. We’re serious about the role we play in healing – and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and serving our communities.
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with service. Or maybe you’re looking for a launchpad for a career managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Summary: As an Environmental Services Manager, you will be responsible for directing and overseeing the operational needs of the department. You will coordinate the tasks of the department associates and assist in training and development. You will serve as a liaison between administration and unit departments and provide the highest possible level of service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for department’s financial data and statistics.
- Monitoring of unit expenditures.
- Develops and recommends department operating budget and ensure the department operates within budget.
- Coordinates housekeeping activities with other departments.
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and supervises functions and activities of the department.
- Establishes work standards and work flow.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures for departmental operations.
- Encourages and mentor staff creativity and innovation.
- Ensures compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Proactive in the achievement of the facility goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates quality leadership in meeting performance plans.
- Reads, develops, and administers Total Quality Management process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4 years of support services, military, housekeeping, and/or facilities maintenance experience.
- 1 or more years of supervisory/management experience.
- Strong work ethic, drive, and initiative for quality and customer service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills both one-on-one and in group situations.
- Ability to utilize a participative approach to managing staff.
- Understanding of budgeting processes and awareness of profit and loss concepts.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to function appropriately under stressful conditions.
- CRCST or any other applicable sterile processing certification is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Associate’s degree is preferred.
Associates at Touchpoint are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 1007068