EVENT CATERING WAIT STAFF (FULL & PART-TIME)
**SIGN ON BONUS - $300.00** Further details upon interview & hire.
- We are hiring immediately for a full and part-time EVENT CATERING WAIT STAFF position.
- Location: University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown - 214 Student Union Dr, Johnstown, PA 15904. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T & P/T shifts, open availability. Operation hours between 06:00AM - 12:00 Midnight.
- Requirement: Experience helpful. Willing to train!
- Perks: Complimentary shift meal, free uniforms, located on public transportation route.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1031093.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Assembles, delivers, sets-up and serves food and beverages to guests at on-premise and off-premise events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles and delivers all food and supplies for catered functions to the scheduled locations.
- Arranges tables and decorations.
- Sets buffet tables with food, beverage and service items according to pre-established standards.
- Serves food and beverages to guests.
- Cleans and packs dishes and utensils
- Returns un-served foods and beverages, serving equipment and utensils to the Commissary.
- Checks to ensure that all display foods are merchandised attractively according to pre-established standards.
- Handles foods items appropriately during preparation.
- Serves food neatly and attractively according to pre-established standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal service.
- Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving the area for other assignments.
- Assists with food and table prep before events begin.
- Serves plated dinners to guests and responds to requests for beverages, appetizers and other needs.
- Serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Opens wine and takes drink orders.
- Cleans up venue after event ends and assists with inventory, food storage and other closeout tasks.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Must meet any applicable state and local health requirements for food handlers.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).