EVS Assistant Director - Days - Willimantic, CT
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Working as an Assistant Director, you are responsible for assisting the Director of Environmental Services in directing and leading all aspects of the operational needs of the Housekeeping Department. You will coordinate the tasks of the Operations Managers. You will serve as a liaison between administration and hospital departments and deliver the highest possible level of service.
- Establishes and reviews standards and work procedures for all Housekeeping staff in accordance with established policies and practices of the facility
- Plans work schedules, hours, areas of work, and job duties to ensure adequate housekeeping services are rendered to all areas
- Interviews, selects, hires, evaluates, and recommends termination of facility housekeeping personnel according to facility standards.
- Orients, develops, and supervises all supervisory/housekeeping staff
- Performs regular facility inspections and evaluations; ability to recommend action items; assists with relocations within the facility
- Conducts regular staff meetings and communicates with members of other departments to coordinate housekeeping activities
- Schedules major project work, assuring that adequate staff and supplies are available
- Conducts regular inventory of housekeeping supplies
- Assists Department Director with budgets
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history required
- Solid understanding of all housekeeping procedures preferred
- Demonstrated progressive growth in the field of health care housekeeping facility maintenance
- Good work ethic, intense drive, and initiative for quality and customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening and empathy, and decision-making (one-on-one and group) skills
- Ability to apply a participative approach to managing staff, to function appropriately under stress, to coordinate and prioritize tasks, and to develop budgets with a complete understanding of facility needs and requirements
- Excellent stress management skills, administrative and organizational, and follow-through (with associates and clients) skills required
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1085492
JANELLE C. ALLEN