EXECUTIVE CHEF, CORPORATE - Fort Lauderdale-
- We are hiring immediately for a XXX position.
- Location: Note: online applications accepted only.
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1026525.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to start your journey with us today!
With a marked focus on senior living, FiveStar delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Working as a Corporate Executive Chef , you will have the opportunity to access the latest trends in culinary and foodservice management. With our resources and your expertise as an Executive Chef, you will be valued as you go through your day making a difference to our patients and customers.
- Develops and implements operational plans and systems to ensure that all contractual obligations are met
- Assists in implementing corporate and regional programs based on Company and Regulatory standards
- Develops and effectively communicates strategies for improving customer (Patient and Retail) satisfaction
- Provides training programs to ensure consistent, high quality food at the facility
- Develops Culinary Support Team within Region
- Provides on-going training to Regional Directors of Operations in the area of food quality, presentation and purchasing compliance
- Assists in roll-out of new products or programs as required
- Provides direction to Region Team to assure compliance with all Company purchasing programs and initiatives
- Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadline
- Visits units and completes reports in a timely manner (within 7 business days of actual unit visit)
- Manages budget in a fiscally responsible manner
- Participates in Patient Visitation rounds with facility management team during each site visit
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts or Associates degree in Culinary Arts Degree with seven years progressive food service management experience. Extensive experience may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of five years of progressive BOH food service management experience required
- Minimum of two years BOH food service management experience in a multi-unit setting required
- Minimum of three years healthcare experience depending upon formal degree and training, highly desirable
- Minimum of three years P&L experience in management capacity
- Expert knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Must be hands-on manager
- CEC (Certified Executive Chef) preferred
- 85% travel required
- Must be experienced with computers to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in patient/resident satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified required
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) certification desirable
Associates at FiveStar are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).