EXECUTIVE CHEF I - Ryebrook, NY
Salary: $85,000 - $95,000 / yearly
CulinArt Group operates over 250 onsite corporate, higher education, private school, healthcare and destination recreation/leisure dining facilities in 18 states, including cafés, coffee bars, concessions, executive dining, catering and conference dining, social catering/special events, office coffee service and vending. CulinArt’s extremely diverse client portfolio affords great opportunities for career advancement within the company, across multiple industry segments and geographic regions.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as the Executive Chef for the North East Region, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff.
You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
This role is 100% travel. Travel reimbursement is provided.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning, and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety, and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage, and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains the inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding the utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state, and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex food service operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet
- Must be willing to participate in client satisfaction programs/activities
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to CulinArt today!
CulinArt is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at CulinArt are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1123591
NANCY M TEIXEIRA
Pay: $85,000 to $95,000/year
<div id="128173"> CulinArt Sector <p><b><span id="cke_bm_14321S"> </span> <b>$85,000 - $95,000 / yearly</b></b></p><p>CulinArt Group operates over 250 onsite corporate
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1123591