EXECUTIVE CHEF II, Beloit College, Beloit, WI
Our Passion is Food!
At Bon Appetit Management Company we are committed to two things, great food and outstanding service! At Bon Appetit you won't find our managers referring to a corporate recipe book or our chefs microwaving the lunch special. We do not have standardized recipes or central commissaries, instead, our chefs and managers are expected to stay abreast of current culinary trends and bring cutting edge food into their cafes. We are a restaurant company that operates in contract food service. That means you will have the freedom to be creative, take risks, and truly shine. We are committed to our staff growing, trying new things, and learning all that they can. Our rapid growth and breadth of accounts translates into exciting opportunities for our people!
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Working as the Executive Chef, you will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment for the staff. You will prepare or direct the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines. This is an exciting opportunity for an energetic, entrepreneurial Culinary professional.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Follows standardized recipes, portioning and presentation standards. Completes and utilizes daily production worksheets and waste log sheets. Tastes completed meals to ensure quality
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas. Ensures that kitchen staff follows and completes schedules as assigned
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Makes all decisions regarding utilization of leftover food products staying within Company guidelines for such products
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third-party audits
- Follows facility, department, and Company safety policies and procedures to include occurrence reporting
- Participates and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- Institutional and batch cooking experiences
- Hands-on chef experience a must
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
Apply to Bon Appetit today!
Bon Appetit is a member of Compass Group USA.
Associates at Bon Appetit are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).