EXECUTIVE CHEF III, Missouri Valley College, Marshall, MO
Position Title: EXECUTIVE CHEF III, Missouri Valley College, Marshall, MO
Fresh Ideas Management is a dynamic food service management company that believes good food is a powerful thing. Food brings people together and food creates memories.
Fresh Ideas encourages creativity by creating fun working environments for our teams! Our diverse teams enjoy a workplace where creativity, openness and innovation flow free and new, Fresh Ideas are encouraged. Our team-members are excited about creating delicious, unique and engaging dining experiences for our guests.
Fresh Ideas offers a full benefits package, flexible schedules that respect one of our core values, work life balance, and ongoing training and development opportunities. This, along with our rapid growth, means accelerated promotion opportunities for every motivated Fresh Ideas team member!
The Executive Chef III will be responsible for overseeing kitchen operations, directing the preparation of meals in accordance with corporate programs and guidelines.
- Plans regular and modified menus according to established guidelines
- Trains kitchen staff in food preparation, safe handling, and operation of equipment, food safety and sanitation based on Company and regulatory standards
- Establishes and maintains cleaning and maintenance schedules for equipment, storage and work areas
- Maintains inventory of food and non-food supplies to stay within established guidelines while assuring that necessary product is available when needed
- Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- A.S. or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of progressive culinary/kitchen management experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Extensive catering experience a plus
- High volume, complex foodservice operations experience - highly desirable
- ServSafe certified - highly desirable
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Fresh Ideas are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)