EXECUTIVE CHEF, RESTAURANT/EDR
Become part of Restaurant Associates, a name that has been synonymous with exciting restaurant concepts and high quality foodservice for over half a century. RA is a New York City leader in the foodservice industry for some of the nation's premier museums, performing arts centers and corporate accounts. Restaurant Associates’ commitment to upscale dining has led the way to develop successful culinary programs. If you share our belief in the value of delivering Superior Quality Food and Delivery Hospitality Excellence, we invite you to learn more about Restaurant Associates’ dynamic select team of professionals. Come share your talents with one of the nations’ fastest-growing, multi-million dollar organizations.
Working as the Restaurant Executive Chef you will serve as the department head for culinary operations with duties that include the food production for restaurant/executive dining room and catering functions. You will adhere to HACCP guidelines to ensure efficient, safe and sanitary food production, preparation and presentation. You will be responsible for the handling, preparation and storage of perishable products. Duties will also include menu development, inventory, purchasing, labor and food cost controls, maintaining sanitation standards, and personnel management to include hiring, coaching, counseling, training and developing.
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Conducts safety, sanitation and maintenance programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Maintains an active role in managing team developments
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Five to eight years progressive culinary management experience
- Related experience in fine dining, à la carte restaurants
- Strong knowledge of current food and industry trends with a focus on using quality goods, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Knowledge of budgets, labor costs, inventory controls
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Proficient computer skills to include; various computer programs, Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and the Internet
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- ServeSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 956260
BRIAN P PANGBORN