EXECUTIVE CHEF, SR
Position Title: EXECUTIVE CHEF, SR
Reports To: Regional Executive Chef
Other Forms of Compensation: Comprehensive Benefits Package
Become part of Restaurant Associates, the industry’s leading provider of dining and event catering for some of the nation's most prestigious museums, performing arts centers and corporations! Voted Glassdoor's Employee Choice Awards- Best Places to Work in 2021, This is R/A !
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
To support our growth we’re looking for an Executive Chef. This is an amazing role responsible for the culinary quality, innovation and experience of our operation & the exciting things we have to offer for the Google Food Program! You’ll have an amazing team who you will motivate, train, develop and direct to deliver delicious & nutritious food! You’ll lead by example and drive your team to deliver exceptional service & new projects.
This role will be based in New York, NY.
The great things you’ll do:
- Develops high culinary standards for our retail, board meals, dining and catering operations
- Trains, develops and provides inspirational leadership to local culinary team
- Leads Corporate Social Responsibility, food seasonality, health/wellness and high-quality culinary arts on campus
- Analyzes ongoing performance and trends in the local operation and devises and leads improvements
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and is able to explain them to customers accurately
What we look for in the perfect candidate:
- Culinary degree preferred
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Services Technology/Management/or related field preferred
- Three to five years of progressive culinary or kitchen management experience, depending upon formal degree or training
- Experience with planning and managing catering events from a culinary perspective
- Strong leadership skills and desire to work with an industry leader
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentation
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Email and the Internet)
- Ability to communicate on various levels including management, departmental, customer and associate
- ServSafe® Certification
Apply to Restaurant Associates today!
Restaurant Associates is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Restaurant Associates are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Restaurant Associates maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1205629