Other Forms of Compensation: relocation assistance
Pay Grade: 13
Driven by our passion in the pursuit of hospitality and culinary excellence, Morrison Living has built community through dining experiences for over a century. Embedded in our culture, we deliver exceptional service and aim to be the best part of someone’s day. The commitment of our team members to these core principles makes us an industry leader and an employer of choice for hospitality professionals.
Everything we do means more when it’s served with care. The exceptional care and culinary artistry of our team members is nurtured by training, developing, and recognizing our greatest asset – our people. This approach makes the Morrison Living difference. Join us and discover how we build community one meal at a time.
Working as the Chef Manager Senior you will be responsible for back and front of the house operations for the food service departments. You will maintain a quality culinary program and process all financial reporting. Duties also include menu development, inventory, purchasing, labor and food cost controls, maintaining sanitation standards, and personnel management to include hiring, coaching, counseling, training and developing.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Participates in employee meetings and training programs
- Conducts safety, sanitation and maintenance programs
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Maintains an active role in managing team developments
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Degree in Culinary Arts is preferred or equivalent professional experience
- Five years progressive culinary management experience
- Self-starter, innovative and ability to multitask
- Maintains a positive attitude under pressure and motivate team
- Must possess a passion for excellence
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Purchasing, food storage and sanitation experience
- P&L and financial reporting experience
- Knowledge of budgets, labor costs, inventory controls
- Strong leadership, coaching and training skills
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office and POS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Ability to lift, bend and carry up to 40 lbs
- Knowledge of safe and sanitary food handling principles
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
Apply to Morrison Living today!
Morrison Living is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at Morrison Community Living are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Morrison Living maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1213688