Executive Sous Chef - Hawaii Convention Center
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
As an Executive Sous Chef with Levy, it will be your primary responsibility to execute cuisine that exceeds guest expectations and provide strong leadership while delivering cost goals and living our Company vision and values. You will maintain recipes to meet core standards, ensure that all safety and sanitation standards are met, ensure show quality food and presentations are occurring in all areas, while continually gaining culinary expertise and food knowledge. The ideal candidate will be a creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and fresh ideas with the ability to work independently and have the capacity to manage up and down.
* Executes menus in accordance to brand standards
* Maintains recipes to meet core standards
* Ensures that team members consistently deliver heartfelt hospitality to every guest, every time
* Ensures team members have the tools necessary to complete their jobs
* Ensures show quality standards are maintained at all times
* Regularly obtains feedback from clients and guests to improve operations
* Supports and communicates Levy initiatives
* Responds and assist in any departmental guest service issues
* Holds team accountable to steps of service to deliver great guest service
* Executes preventive maintenance schedule as set forth by Director of Operations
* Conducts daily walkthroughs in culinary areas for each event
* Continually gains culinary expertise
* Practices proper product control and handling of all inventory and equipment
* Achieves daily sales and assigned cost goals
* Ensures that all security, safety, and sanitation standards are achieved
* Employs good safety and sanitation practices
* Forecasts and adequately schedules team members to meet operational needs and desired targets
* Provides operational planning to ensure adequate products and equipment are ordered for anticipated business levels
* Ensures team members adhere to Levy guidelines as stated in the team member training manual and employee handbook
* Displays a positive attitude towards team members
* Interviews, hires, trains, and develops team members according to Levy guidelines
* Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to ensure lines of communication are open between management and team members
* Promotes a cooperative work climate, maximizing productivity and morale
* Uses all performance management tools to provide guidance and feedback to team members
* Assists fellow team members when necessary
* Mentors Sous Chefs to improve their skills and leadership abilities
* Other duties and responsibilities, as needed
* A culinary degree is preferred
* Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
* Able to communicate effectively with the management team, guests, and team members
* Team builder and ability to successfully manage and develop a team
* Must be experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Outlook, E-mail, and the Internet
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1061390