Facilities & Construction Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / University of Minnesota
- We are hiring immediately for a Facilities & Construction Intern position.
- Location: 515 Delaware St Se Minneapolis, MN Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined based on class schedule and business needs.
- Starting pay: $16.00 per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1074741.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
You will be working closely with the leaders in the Chartwells Facilities and Construction group, developing skills and competencies to understand what is needed to be successful in the world of Project Development, Facilities Management and Safety. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: Budgeting, Scheduling, Maintenance Schedules, Energy Audits, Administration, Workplace Safety, Problem resolution and Relationship skills. This internship involves hands on experience working on a variety projects and will guide you to set the stage for your personal success in a career of Facilities, Construction and Safety.
You Must Possess:
• Have a passion regarding Facilities, Construction and Safety
• Attitude of a leader
• Enjoyment of inspiring others
• Technical background
• Enjoy building relationships
• General interest and knowledge
• Awareness to sustainability practices
• Must be undergraduate student
Interest in one or more of the following:
• Workplace Safety
• Facilities Operation and Management
• Quality and OSHA Management
• Construction Management
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
• Time Management
• Bid document Review and assimilation
• Bid solicitation
• Kitchen equipment and maintenance
• Engage in Construction and FM status meetings
• Keep, and distribute accurate minutes of all meetings
• Daily interaction with clients, contractors and suppliers
• Long hours and under pressure when deadlines are at risk
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Can-Do Attitude. In this department we specialize in miracles…the impossible might take a day longer. We are in the process and solution business.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).