FACILITIES DIRECTOR- BENCH - Milwaukee, WI
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Working as a Director of Facilities, you are responsible for planning, organizing, and controlling functions and activities of plant operations and building renovations.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Monitors flow and quality of work to assure timely completion of workload and adherence to facility’s standards and regulations using computerized programs for preventive and corrective maintenance, construction projects, financial management, and energy controls
- Prepares and manages departmental budgets, including the utilities energy savings program
- Manages and ensures regulatory compliance with the Joint Commission, State Health Department, EPA, DEP, ADA, UST, and other regulatory agencies
- Provides guidance, training and motivation to staff
- Successfully provides effective client rapport
- Monitors work performance and prepare performance evaluations for personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent related experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years hospital engineering maintenance experience at Director or Assistant Director level required
- Experience in hospital project and construction management preferred
- Must have working knowledge of the Joint Commission, NFPA and other healthcare regulatory agencies
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1007886