FACILITIES DIRECTOR - LYNCHBURG, VA
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
The Facilities Director has the ultimate responsibility for the operation of all service lines at the facility and serves as the Single Point of Contact for the client. The Facilities Director is in charge of all matters relating to the Plant Operations Maintenance, Custodial Services, and the Grounds Maintenance Departments. The Facilities Director formulates policies and directs operations of the facility. Director fosters and maintains an environment where safety is first, always. This position will support an Education account.
- Develop and recommend department operating budget and ensures the departments operates within budget
- Coordinate Plant operations and maintenance activities with other departments
- Actively communicate with administration to ensure client satisfaction
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate, and supervise functions and activities of the department
- Establish and implement policies and procedures for departmental operations
- Encourage and mentor staff creativity and foster innovation
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Demonstrate quality leadership in meeting performance plans
- Training and development of all staff members
- Inspect facilities constantly to ensure quality control procedures are utilized
- Assist in developing/revising annual budgets
- Maintains direct contact with varying levels of administration including the direct client and/or vendors, as business needs warrant
- Ensures facility’s strategic objectives are defined and achieved
- Ensures company capital assets are secured and maintained in first class working condition
- Prior experience in Facilities Management supporting an Education account preferred
- Minimum four year college degree highly preferred
- Experience with central plant operations and maintenance
- Experience with P&L accounts
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Extraordinary customer service and quality attitude
- Ability to work under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1045118