FACILITIES MAINTENANCE MANAGER - SOUTH BEND, IN
Other Forms of Compensation:
Pay Grade: 12
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Under the general direction of the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Manager will have authority over maintenance activities in support of a K-12 education account.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, supervision, and training to assigned supervisory facilities maintenance and trades operations.
- Plan, organize, control, and direct operations and activities in the preventative, scheduled, and responsive maintenance of all SSC managed facilities
- Inspect completed projects for accuracy, completeness, and compliance with established requirements and specifications. Assure that related functions comply with all applicable laws, codes, ordinances, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of various statistical and narrative reports, including the long-range facility plan, five-year construction plan, and scheduled maintenance program.
- Supervise, evaluate, and coordinate the work of assigned personnel.
- Participate in the screening and interview process to hire new employees, recommend transfers, reassignment, and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Establish and maintain systems to train staff to meet performance and safety standards.
- Develop and maintain annual departmental budgets. Review, monitor, and evaluate budgets and financial data of all areas supervised. Control and authorize expenditures in accordance with authorized parameters.
- Maintain blueprints, specifications, and systems plans and drawings.
- Serve on assigned committees.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Five+ years of management experience in maintenance/facilities management or other service-related field with high customer/client contact required
- Budgeting, forecasting experience is preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Ability to multi-tasks and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility and leadership
- Proficient in the use of Windows based office software including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively in an unstructured and fast-paced driven environment
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1220653