FACILITIES MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
Crothall Healthcare is a Compass One Company that provides specialized, high-quality, innovative, and responsive support services exclusively to the healthcare industry. Crothall serves many of the Top 100 Hospitals throughout its over 1300 healthcare service teams in 46 states. Crothall has been recognized as one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work and Best Places to Work in Pennsylvania since 2013 and Becker's Top 150 Places to Work since 2016. A division of Compass Group USA, we have more than 26,000 team members. Our core services include: Environmental Services, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Facilities Management, Healthcare Technology Solutions, and Ambulatory EVS. Learn more at www.Crothall.com.
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Working as the Facilities Management Assistant Director, you will administer and direct programs to lead building maintenance, utilities, and equipment on the hospital campus. You will assist the Director with day to day operations of the hospital facility and will assist with coordinating construction and renovation programs as needed.
- Reviews and evaluates existing programs, services, policies and procedures
- Monitors quality and flow of work to assure timely completion of tasks, computerized programs for preventive and corrective maintenance, construction projects, financial management, and energy controls
- Prepares and handles departmental budgets and utilities energy savings program
- Leads and ensures regulatory compliance with the Joint Commission, State Health Department, EPA, ADA, and other regulatory agencies
- Provides guidance, training, and motivation to staff
- Successfully provides effective client rapport to build a mutually advantageous business relationship
- Monitors work performance and prepares and/or reviews performance evaluations for assigned personnel
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
- 2-5 years management experience in a hospital setting
- CHFM highly preferred
- Must have regulatory compliance experience with the Joint Commission
- Thorough knowledge of engineering, plant operations methods, techniques, maintenance, applicable codes and regulations
- Understands the use of departmental equipment and supplies, principles of management and supervision of staff and operations
- Ability to read, comprehend, and transmit complicated detailed written and verbal instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively in written format and oral presentations
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain organization in a changing environment
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership
- Possess a detailed knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Apply to Crothall today!
Crothall is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1008562