ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR (HYBRID)
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Compass Group, the world’s largest contract foodservice company, has a Great Opportunity for career development and growth here at its North America headquarters in Charlotte, NC as an Accounting Supervisor in our Field Accounting Department.
* Responsible for supervising a team of accountants in support of sector operations
* Associate hiring, training and development including:
o Management of day-to-day performance of accountants to meet expectations
o Tracking, reviewing, and communicating KPI performance
o Ensuring associates receive all necessary training and support
o Preparing and proposing yearly performance appraisals
* Ensure financial statements and client subsidy billings are prepared by the team in an accurate and timely fashion
* Oversee the accounting close process each period
* Ensure fulfillment of Service Level Agreements to the field and other internal customers
* Communicate with/train field personnel on accounting policies and procedures
* Conduct a monthly detailed review of all balance sheet accounts, escalating any major issues to management and the field to help mitigate financial risk for the company
* Verify all entries are made in accordance with IFRS and GAAP, Group Accounting Manual, Field Accounting Standards and any specific contractual terms
* Interpret client contracts and apply the correct accounting treatment
* Execute and support change management and share best practices across all Field Accounting
* Continuously seek out possibilities to improve processes and increase efficiencies utilizing all available technologies
* Be an active, contributing member of the Field Accounting Management Team
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance required
* MBA or CPA preferred, but not required
* 4+ years of accounting experience
* 2+ years Field Accounting experience preferred, but not required
* Exceptional customer service skills and a positive can-do attitude are critical
* Working knowledge of SAP
* Superior communication skills, both oral and written
* Ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels
* Strong organization and planning skills
* Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
* Ability to be flexible in a changing environment and to handle multiple tasks.
* Initiative and a passion for Field Accounting.
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1251317