Finance Intern, Chartwells Higher Ed / Cal Poly Humboldt
- We are hiring immediately for a Finance Intern position.
- Location: 355 Granite Ave Arcata, CA Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: To be determined based on class schedule and business needs.
- Requirement: Experience with using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Starting pay: $15.00 per hour.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1150154.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
We are looking for a motivated and people-oriented person to work closely with the Chartwells Management Finance team. The key focus areas for this internship will be in Field Accounting, Operations, Budget Management and Payroll. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical. In this position, the intern will learn how to apply the skills they have learned and apply them in a professional setting.
• Must be pursuing a degree in accounting or finance majors
• Must be undergraduate student
• General interest and knowledge
• Computer skills including intermediate level proficiency in MS Word and Excel
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and drive for excellence and high performance.
• Strong desire for continuous learning and process improvements in working with people and technology.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, listening and verbal communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
Job Responsibilities (May include any or all):
Field Accounting Experience:
• Review Contracts for Entry into Database
• Review Charitable Contributions and audit receipts
• Conduct Payroll Accrual Validations
• Review activity on Closed Cost Centers
• Maintain Maintenance Requests from field operations
• Conduct Paperwork Audits
• Assist with Monthly Close
• Assist with Local New Unit Openings under the Guidance of FA New Business
• Support Budget Review and Analysis
• Assist with Flash Review and Analysis
• Gain Knowledge of the Paperwork and Activities of the Team through Filing
• Gain Knowledge of Document Retention through Scanning
• Process Payroll Work Orders
• Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment.
• Experience opportunities to learn, observe, and practice a variety of experiences in the world of Finance and Accounting.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Chartwells Higher Ed maintains a drug-free workplace.