FINANCIAL ANALYST (TAMPA/REMOTE)
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
Positions at this location may require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
***The ideal candidate is located in Tampa, FL or within a reasonable commuting distance. All candidates must be willing to periodically perform work from the Company’s Tampa office.***
The primary duty of this position is to analyze financial performance, business modeling and KPI metrics throughout the company to predict future performance and to advise the company on its financial performance. Duties include building value-added insights into all financial and operational measures of the business on a wide variety of strategic topics to optimize financial performance.
- Produce and analyze daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to satisfy internal and external stakeholders including detailed revenue and departmental cost budget-to-actual analysis each month
- Maintain accurate and updated forecasts and leading indicators of future expected performance (cash, revenue, etc.)
- Expand and improve our financial modeling capabilities for real-time analysis of different financial and operational scenarios, quantifying efficiencies and alternatives to improve the company’s financial performance
- Create and maintain a variety of corporate metrics and dashboards to ensure the optimal understanding of the business throughout the company within the context of company and industry trends
- Support management with presentations and analyses including monthly operating reports and business reviews
- Provide proactive business partner support including ad hoc analysis to the business functions (Sales, Account Management, Marketing, etc.) to enhance the customer experience
- Assist on reporting training for the organization by producing training materials and delivering training as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Behavioral Traits/Recipe to Succeed:
- 5+ years of working experience in Financial Analysis, Data Analytics or similar role
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, accounting or finance focus
- Prior experience in preparation of management reporting
- Superior analytical skills – comprehensive understanding of financial analysis, modeling tools, reporting systems, and planning processes
- Deep experience in data analysis/mining/modeling, corporate finance principles, budget/forecast variance analysis, and industry or competitive research.
- Purchasing/procurement experience
- Distribution or foodservice experience
- Power user of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Power BI, as well as proficiency in other Microsoft Office Applications
- Proficient in internal and external data maintenance and analytics tools
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge of information technology, and an inherent understanding of the business strategy to evaluate a problem/opportunity and define a solution
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong customer service focus—both internal and external customers
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1007800