FINANCIAL CONTROLLER- TRAVELERS- HARTFORD, CT
Positions at this location require proof of COVID-19 vaccination, boosters, and/or regular COVID testing. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
What makes FLIK click
What makes FLIK click? Our people. The decisions, actions and attitudes of our associates earn the trust and loyalty of our clients every day. We know how to pick them and we know how to grow them. It starts with hiring people who share our passion for food and hospitality. Once we find the right talent, we encourage, value and recognize their contributions.
We keep our people renewed, excited and engaged by providing hands-on training and educating them about the latest trends. We give them a stake in successfully raising the bar. Our people love what they do and they love sharing their passion. Join our team and see the FLIK difference. Where a job isn’t merely a job but the start of a career where you can flourish.
The Financial Controller will be responsible for the overall accounting activity within an assigned account(s) and will assist the Director of Finance with all aspects of the financial activities. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced environment with the leader in food service management and support services across the continent.
- Oversees all cash handling procedures
- Performs reconciliation and analysis for several balance sheet accounts
- Analyzes financial results for both internal and external use
- Tracks and maintains monthly P/L and balance sheet activity
- Develops forecasts and budgets, identifying risks and opportunities
- Reviews general ledger and balance sheets
- Resolves various accounting/reconciliation issues
- Completes financial reports: monthly, quarterly and annual reports, including but not limited to monthly and fiscal close, internal and external audit reporting; manages report preparation and distribution
- Maintains inventory and cost control procedures
- Performs administration of Payroll and Human Resources
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience with revenue control, financial reporting, and cash handling responsibilities
- Accounting experience in food service or retail industry required foodservice operations experience a plus
- Ability to prepare monthly financial statements, key metric reports, budgets, forecasts, cash flow projections, and analyses
- Adept at planning, organizing, and controlling complex processes as well as analyzing moderately complex financial information
- Experience with POS, cash, and credit card reports
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple priorities and relationships
- Computer skills: proficient in Microsoft Office with a concentration in Excel
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
Apply to Flik today!
Flik is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Flik Hospitality are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 966915
NANCY M TEIXEIRA