Food & Safety Manager - Amway Center
Other Forms of Compensation:
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
he safety of our team members, guests and partners is our number one priority. As Safety and Sanitation Manager, you are responsible for leading all areas of Safety and Sanitation compliance at the location. The ideal candidate will be a health and safety champion who is focused on people and quality standards.
* Coaching operational leaders to ensure a thorough understanding of all safety and sanitation standards
* Completing regular team member training to continually enhance understanding of best practices and to address any emerging risks or issues
* Ensuring the accurate and thorough maintenance of all safety-related records such as temperature logs
* Completing periodic safety inspections and walk-throughs
* Manage the implementation of Levy’s safety and sanitation program at the venue
* Work with the HR team to ensure timely completion and tracking of all mandatory safety and sanitation training
* Complete regular building inspections and walk-throughs with the operations team to identify any safety risks
* Take the lead in working with the Home Office Risk Management team in responding to or managing any safety and claims issues
* Working with operations and culinary teams to ensure the timely completion and storage of all mandatory records
* Ensure the timely completion and storage of all team member accident reports
* Complete regular ‘Tool-box talk’ trainings with hourly team members
* Work with the partner facilities team to address any joint concerns for team member safety
* Provide immediate coaching for any team members who are not following correct procedures
* Provides knowledgeable assistance in the reporting, monitoring, and settling of team members, foodborne illness, liquor liability and guest claims
* Work with local OSHA, sanitation or Everclean inspectors to support inspections or local initiatives
* Other duties as assigned
Skills and Experience
* Experience working in a fast-paced food and beverage environment * Health/safety background is preferred
* ServSafe certification or similar is preferred
* Passionate about safety and sanitation
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Well organized, able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Levy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1193114
JOADI KAY BENJAMIN