FOODSERVICE PURCHASING SPECIALITS - PITTSBURGH PA ***$1,500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS***
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 600 hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison's hospital kitchens, restaurants, and cafés feature socially responsible practices and exceptional guest experiences. The company's comprehensive Mindful Choices® wellness and sustainability platform includes the latest in healthful eating and an understanding of behavioral change in food consumption. Morrison's alignment with Partnership for a Healthier America's (PHA) Hospital Healthy Food Initiative positively impacts up to 41 million patients and 500 million hospital meals annually. Morrison has been named one of Modern Healthcare's "Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for the past five years, and Training Magazine's Top 125 organizations for the past six consecutive years. The company is a division of Compass Group and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs, and 17,000 professional food service team members.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for developing procurement guidelines that comply with established regulations and support operational goals of the school nutrition program.
- Maintains an order schedule to assure products are in stock and avoid out of stock.
- Receives and collects product orders from different departments.
- Tracks and places daily orders to various vendors.
- Reviews all orders before submitting to vendors.
- Reviews inventory levels and compare to orders before submitting to vendors.
- Reviews usage projections and compare to orders before submitting to vendors.
- Completes daily communication with vendors in a high level professional manner while practicing email etiquette.
- Maintains excellent vendor and client relations.
- Works with different departments to facilitate a smooth day to day operation.
- Accomplishes purchasing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Minimum of one to three years of purchasing experience preferred, depending upon formal degree or training
- Good knowledge of food and inventory trends with a focus on operations
- P&L accountability and contract-managed service experience is desirable
- Possess accurate data-entry skills, computer skills, and be detailed oriented with great organizational skills
- Knowledge of school nutrition / food industry and/or purchasing strongly preferred.
- Must be experienced with computers; to include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point), Outlook, E-mail and the Internet
- Serv Safe certified highly desirable
Apply to Morrison Healthcare today!
Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Morrison Healthcare are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1019458