FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER (FULL-TIME & PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full-time and part-time FOOD SERVICE WORKER/CASHIER position.
- Location: UT DALLAS - 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time & Part-time schedules available; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous food service worker and cashier experience preferred. Friendly personality a plus!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 991509.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
With over 300 campuses around the country, we are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Performs cashiering duties, including general food service work. Maintains sanitation standards in the preparation, service and dining room facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping, dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety requirements.
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Performs sales transactions.
- Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are accurately recorded.
- Makes change, accepts declining balance cards and other acceptable forms of payment.
- Issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts, ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage standards.
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while maintaining service area cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).