FOOD SERVICE WORKER (PART-TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a part-time FOOD SERVICE WORKER position.
- Location: Blackburn College - 700 College Ave, Carlinville, IL 62626 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Part-time schedule. Monday - Friday. 12:00/Noon - 8:00 pm. Must work Sunday.
- Requirement: Previous food service experience preferred.
- Starting pay: $14.00 per hour
- Perks: Willing to train!
Fresh Ideas Management is a dynamic food service management company that believes good food is a powerful thing. Food brings people together and food creates memories.
Fresh Ideas encourages creativity by creating fun working environments for our teams! Our diverse teams enjoy a workplace where creativity, openness and innovation flow free and new, Fresh Ideas are encouraged. Our team-members are excited about creating delicious, unique and engaging dining experiences for our guests.
Fresh Ideas offers a full benefits package, flexible schedules that respect one of our core values, work life balance, and ongoing training and development opportunities. This, along with our rapid growth, means accelerated promotion opportunities for every motivated Fresh Ideas team member!
Summary: Prepares, presents and serves food as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and seeding fruits and vegetables.
- Weighs and measures designated ingredients.
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety standards.
- Stores food in designated areas following wrapping, dating, food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Distributes supplies, utensils and portable equipment.
- Utilizes approved food recipes and production standards to ensure proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion control.
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following outlined steps of service.
- Resolves customer concerns and relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with company service standards and inventory and cash control procedures.
- Assures compliance with all sanitation and safety requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Fresh Ideas maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Fresh Ideas are offered many fantastic benefits:
* Life Insurance/ AD
* Disability Insurance
* Retirement Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
* Associate Shopping Program
* Health and Wellness Programs
* Discount Marketplace
* Identity Theft Protection
* Pet Insurance
* Commuter Benefits
* Employee Assistance Program
* Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1155372