FOOD UNIT LEAD (Full Time)
- We are hiring immediately for a Full Time FOOD UNIT LEAD position.
- Location: WPI, 26 boynton street, Worcester, MA 01609 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-time schedule; open availability preferred. Hours and days may vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: 1 Year of Prevois Food Unit Lead Experience.
- Starting pay: $17.50 per hour
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 1133100.
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
At over 300 colleges and universities around the country, Chartwells Higher Education is re-inventing the on-campus dining experience. We are challenging the norm and setting new standards by investing in high-tech, food-infused social spaces that bring people together to promote meaningful relationships and interactions. We are food-forward difference makers, bound together by a desire to feed hungry minds and prepare students for success.
We are seeking hungry, humble and smart associates who are looking to join and grow with a diverse organization. We invite you to start your career journey with us and look forward to hearing from you.
Summary: Coordinates activities of other food-service employees. Creates an enjoyable dining experience for customers, staff and visitors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Oversees and participates in the preparation and service of food and beverage items in accordance with company standards for presentation, sanitation, safety and portion control.
- Helps plan menus.
- Ensures timely, efficient meal service; supervises serving of meals.
- Responds to customer complaints in person at the time of the complaint and via email for electronic complaints.
- Trains employees; assigns and coordinates work of employees to promote efficiency and excellence in food and service.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites work flow.
- Uses proper systems for completion of required daily/weekly/monthly reports such as inventory-cash reports-production records, payroll and time- keeping.
- Responsible for proper cash handling as established by the Food Accounting Manual (deposits - petty cash - change funds).
- Orders food and other necessary supplies from approved sources or purveyors.
- Directs and participates in the overall sanitation and safety of the facility and employees in accordance with company standards and government regulations.
- Develops sanitation schedule and ensures food-service employees adhere to the schedule for cleaning of kitchen and dining area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Help select and orient employees; oversees staff training in areas of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are always looking for ways to invest in our people both inside and outside of work to help them achieve their full potential. Both full-time and part-time associates are eligible for the following benefits:
- Opportunities for Training and Development
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).