General Manager of Concessions - Food and Beverage - Wrigley Field
LOCATION: Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL - Home of the MLB's Chicago Cubs. This baseball stadium will seat more than 41,000 loyal Cubs fans.
Different perspectives make us better. We’re committed to creating an equal opportunity and fair treatment environment, where learning and growing together is just part of our every day. An environment where you can be your authentic self.
The disruptor in defining the sports and entertainment hospitality experience, Levy is recognized as the market leader and most critically acclaimed hospitality company in its industry. Twice named one of the 10 most innovative companies in sports by Fast Company magazine and one of the top three Best Employers for Diversity in America by Forbes, Levy’s diverse portfolio includes award-winning restaurants; iconic sports and entertainment venues, zoos and cultural institutions, theaters, and convention centers; as well as the Super Bowl, Grammy Awards, US Open Tennis Tournament, Kentucky Derby, and NHL, MLB, NBA, NFL, and MLS All-Star Games.
As the General Manager of Concessions will lead the team who creates unforgettable experiences. You will be responsible for assisting in the managing the concessions department to achieve the best possible guest experience, partner satisfaction and financial results. The ideal candidate will be an experienced operations leader who is focused on people and quality standards.
* Ensuring the recruitment and training of team members in our standards and procedures
* Working with the location leadership team to continually drive improvements in guest satisfaction and financial results
* Driving engagement within the concessions department
* Assisting in all aspects of season planning and event preparation in the concessions department to ensure maximum event readiness
* Ensuring point of sale updates and regular maintenance checks are completed
* Completing calorific analysis of menu items in partnership with the culinary team
* Ensuring the timely implementation and communication of promotions
* Overseeing loss prevention activities including managing cash drops/collection, completing cash variance logs, and overseeing the nightly Goods Out of Stock (GOS) procedure
* Working in partnership with other departments to ensure accurate completion of the requisition process
* Working with the culinary and purchasing team to ensure regular updates to the concessions theoretical matrix to ensure accurate theoretical margin calculations
* Ensuring compliance with all Payment Card Information rules
* Implementing concessions Production Sheet to ensure accurate production and minimal wastage
* Conducting progressive coaching with team members
* Ensuring regular maintenance, cleaning and inspection of all concessions areas and equipment
* Ensuring all appropriate alcohol service signage is placed and that Responsible Service of Alcohol protocols are followed
* Completion and processing of alcohol incident logs to identify recurring issues or trends
* Managing team member meal breaks
* Assisting in recruitment activities for team members and non-profit groups
* Holding pre-shift meetings to set the tone for events
* Support location "Keys to the Future" activities to develop future leaders
* Support team member orientation training
* Assist in NPO Group management and communication
* Oversee service standards during events to ensure a high level of the guest experience
* Ensuring accurate end of month inventory completion
* Partnering with purchasing team to manage product transfers and requisition sheets to accurately track products during events
* Managing and resolving guest complaints
* Managing team member incidents/accidents and following all required reporting procedures
* Managing the onboarding of new management employees in line with our #bestdayever process
* Conduct monthly safety training for team members
* Managing team member scheduling in line with demand forecasts
* Subcontractor communications - ensure they have all correct paperwork in, scheduled properly, staffing has done appropriate trainings, etc.
* Accurate and timely completion of month-end inventory for the concessions department
* Completing building walkthroughs during events
* Working with location partners to manage the implementation standards agreed through sponsorship deals
* Supporting other locations/properties, as needed
Skills and Experience
* 5+ years of experience in a food and beverage operational position
* Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management is preferred
* High level of computer literacy
* Passion for hospitality, food, and retail
* Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
* Able to work evenings and weekends, as dictated by event schedule
Curious about Life at Levy? Check it out: Levy Culture
Positions at this location may require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account may be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.
Levy is a member of Compass Group USA. Compass Group/Levy is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass/Levy, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
At Levy, team = family. And we’ll always take care of family, learn more about Levy benefits offered.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Flexible Time Off Plan
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Levy maintains a drug-free workplace.
Req ID: 1166252
Levy at Wrigley Field - Concessions
Levy at Wrigley Field - Salaried
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1166252