GRAPHIC DESIGNER (CHARLOTTE, NC)
Pay Grade: 11
A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
You have an opportunity to become a Graphic Designer with Compass Group, the world’s largest foodservice company! Develop your career and become part of our growing Envision Group Creative Team based at Compass Group’s headquarters in Charlotte, NC. The position reports to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for producing effective and visually impactful solutions for the business.
As part of our creative team, you will have the opportunity to create designed content that supports and meets the needs of the Envision Group, Compass’ various sectors and internal departments. Designed artwork may be print or digital and may include but is not limited to brand development for company-wide initiatives or internal concepts, magazine and newsletter layouts, event and trade show graphics and branding, photography, social media, logo design, menu design, client presentations and labels as well as packaging.
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Display organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborate and brainstorm with other like-minded creatives and stakeholders
- Demonstrate consistent quality and proof work prior to submitting
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas to creative team leadership; make revisions based on feedback received
- Professionally communicate with outside partners, venders, printers and colleagues as necessary
- Show strong skills in manipulating photography to create realistic photo mockups of existing spaces
- Proficient use of Dropbox, and ability to maintain all project assets according to team’s organizational structure
- 2-4+ years working experience within a design firm or in a creative team environment
- Must live in the Charlotte area; based in corporate office
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, or related field
- Proficiency of graphic design fundamentals, including typography, color theory and composition
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Premier and After Effects is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Display effective problem-solving skills and appropriate use of design programs for specific tasks
- A keen eye for design aesthetics and attention to detail
- Views feedback in a positive way to elevate their designs and improve their skill
- Self-driven, proactive, and displays a positive attitude
- Takes pride in their work; has a passion for design
Apply to Compass Group today!
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to apply.
Compass Corporate maintains a drug-free workplace.
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1223851