GROUNDS MANAGER - BENCH - Indianapolis, IN
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Working as Grounds Manager - Bench responsibilities include creating operational and safety procedures, hiring workers, and drafting budgets. They determine the equipment and services required for jobs and submit cost estimates to clients. These jobs and services can include the care of lawns, shrubs, and trees, in addition to the maintenance and repair of outdoor features, such as irrigation systems, fences, or benches. Grounds managers also might train or coordinate the training of new hires, handle service or employee records, create worker schedules, and prioritize services. They might coordinate with other departments or specialists, and they might perform grounds maintenance duties if necessary
This position is a Bench position. The role will provide management support to new and existing SSC accounts in K-12 or higher education settings. Travel is required and can be significant including overnights. Ideal candidates will be open to relocating.
- Develop and implement schedules for the management of grounds/lawn care that is associated with the campus.
- Develop and implement a written annual business plan
- Maintain financial records of all funds and labor expended for the department
- Provide management support for Account Manager/ RVP of Grounds Management.
- Act as a safety coordinator and trainer for employees under your management umbrella.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in Agriculture / Horticulture related field (Extensive experience can supersede this requirement).
- Minimum of five years’ experience in crew management, a minimum of eight subordinates.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Grounds / Lawn Care Management industry as a Supervisor.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) is a plus
- Good written (report writing) and oral communication (public speaking) skills.
- Computer skills specifically in; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or compatible programs.
- Physical Demands: Sits, stands, bends, kneels, climbs stairs, ladders, and equipment, has a good sense of balance to work on heights. Some lifting of medium and/or heavy equipment and tools.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1007907