GROUNDS MANAGER - KINGMAN, AZ
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
The Grounds Manager position requires minimal supervision, working on a college campus with direct supervision of employees. Coordinate, supervise, and oversee all aspects of grounds/lawn care management and sports field management that are included in scope of work and job specifications. Develops, implements, and tracks budget and procurement process within established guidelines. Operate within established procurement protocols established by SSC SERVICES and client. Provide professional consultation or assume lead role in grounds/lawn care projects. Work closely with Campus Liaison to ensure seamless communication.
- Develop and implement schedules for the management of grounds/lawn care that are associated with the campus.
- Develop and implement schedules for the management of athletic fields
- Manage, train, and oversee all grounds / athletic field operations including support vendors.
- Maintain financial records of all funds and labor expended for department
- Provide management support for Site Director
- Act as a safety coordinator and trainer for employees under your management umbrella.
- Ensure all operations are performed in compliance with SSC SERVICES, Campus, OSHA and operators manuals as supplied by the original manufacturer.
- Procurement of all materials required to administer a proven management program using approved vendors and established procurement protocols.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures, follow all protocol and implement Quality Assurance plan.
- Provide preventative and curative maintenance on equipment as specified by manufacturer’s manuals.
- Implement the use of an environmentally sound pest management program that includes Integrated Pest Management. Maintain impeccable records of all actions taken to manage identified pests. (Focus will be on weed abatement in strategic areas as outlined in specifications).
- Light maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Insure performance of all work in a safe manner for the employee, subordinates, students and others that use the facilities.
- Develop, implement, and manage snow / ice management plans
- Minimum of a two year degree in Agriculture / Horticulture related field (Extensive experience can supersede this requirement).
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the Grounds / Lawn Care Management industry as a Supervisor.
- Good written (report writing) and oral communication (public speaking) skills.
- Computer skills specifically in; Word, Excel, Power Point or compatible programs.
- Ability to promote awareness to management program.
- Have or be able to demonstrate ability to obtain pesticide license within six months from hire in the following categories; core, turf, and ornamentals.
- Have the ability to operate grounds/lawn care/snow removal related equipment.
- Ability to work unscheduled hours typically associated with managing grounds/snow removal
- Other certifications that will enhance candidate, Certified Playground Safety Inspector, Certified Turfgrass Professional, Certified Professional Grounds Manager, Certified Grounds Manager or other associated certifications.
Apply to SSC today!
SSC is a member of Compass Group USA
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 1008935